Structural Engineer Essential Functions:
Review and interpret customer specifications both internally and with customers. Calculate and analyze filterhouse system and support structure to provide foundation loads and design reports for projects and applications. Perform structural calculations for projects to ensure design is structurally adequate and it meets customer spec and industry codes and standards Collaborate with Mechanical Engineering and Drafting to develop sketches and project information to create detail drawings. Evaluate and approve shop changes to ensure the changes are in compliance with original design and customer specifications. Review and investigate field calls and provide corrective action to resolve field problems. Perform product development to refine existing designs or updated standards to meet new customer requirements. Adapt to changing customer profiles and work under pressure in a real-time environment.
Structural Engineer Technical Skills
• General computer skills, programming and technical writing, including knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, structural analyze programs; Staad and Auto Cad knowledge is a plus.
• Working knowledge of building codes UBC, IBC, ASCE and etc.
• Ability to review and follow customer specifications. • Knowledge of local codes for different countries.
Structural Engineer Behavioral Skills :
• Ability to communicate both verbally and graphically and interact with different engineering disciplines and education levels.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive material.
• Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines.
• Use resources effectively to generate solutions; take initiative when resolving problems.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to details.
Structural Engineer Physical Requirements:
• Three to five years’ experience required in Structural Engineering including background in structural steel design with knowledge of AISC steel design and AWS welding code.
• Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
• Ability to type on a keyboard and operate a PC.
• Ability to converse over a telephone.
• Ability to work in office and perform in corporate environment.
Structural Engineer Required Education:
Bachelor’ s degree in Structural Engineering required. Master’ s degree preferred. Equivalent experience considered at the discretion of management.
Structural Engineer Special Requirements: Up to 25% travel required including international.
Job Type: Full-time
- Power Gen: 3 years