Staff Accountant | Tulsa, OK
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Prepare daily cash journal entries as provided by Treasury department.
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries and weekly inventory adjustments.
- Prepare monthly commission payment file for Accounting Manager review.
- Manage the job cost process for all new equipment orders to ensure that we are recognizing costs and revenue appropriately.
- Review rental revenue for each location and ensure that all third-party costs are accounted for monthly.
- Perform financial statement analysis and balance sheet account reconciliation.
- Maintain the accounting and reconciling for all fixed assets.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or college level work in accounting preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in general accounting.
- Self-starter with thoughtful and analytical approach to planning, problem solving, and decision making. Detail oriented and with “big picture” understanding.
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated organizational and administrative ability. Ability to balance time to meet multiple deadlines.
- Customer Service orientation and good oral and written communication skills required.
- Experience in fund accounting and/or cost accounting preferred.
- PC proficiency and demonstrated ability to work with computerized accounting systems.
- Demonstrated proficiency with spreadsheets, and other Microsoft products.
- Ability to work under pressure of scheduled demands and meet all deadlines.