Payroll and Benefits Administrator
Under the direction of the VP/Controller, the Payroll and Benefits Administrator is responsible for employee benefits, accurate payroll, accounting for payroll transactions and compliance with Company policy and all statutory laws and regulations, including federal, state and local withholding, garnishments and any other statutory requirements. This position also manages the preparation, submission and labor compliance of all certified payrolls for public works projects and coordination of prevailing wage fringe administration with providers.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Administer 401(k) plan including employee contributions and disbursements, plan limits, plan testing, plan audit, 5500 filing, company match and profit sharing calculations, and employee notifications and communications
- Administer Life, Additional Life, AD&D, LTD benefit plans including 5500 filing, coverage changes, age bracket changes, imputed income calculations, and creating monthly invoice.
- Work closely with VP/Controller in administering leave benefits to ensure proper paperwork is submitted in a timely manner, integration with sick and vacation time, and/or health benefits
- Administer Auto Allowance, Commissions and Expense Reporting Programs
- Maintain and balance vacation accrual spreadsheet. Prepare vacation balance reports for managers and respond to employee’s vacation/sick balance inquiries
- Assists accounting in balancing Flexible Spending Accounts
- Prepare benefit open enrollment materials and communications and conduct open enrollment meetings
- Stay up to date on ACA requirements and understand how it impacts the company’s healthcare programs and reporting requirements needed to be in compliance.
- Review/balance benefit related invoices for accuracy and submit for processing
- Conduct new hire benefit orientation and ensure timely enrollment into plans
- Enter and maintain benefit deductions accurately and in a timely manner
- Process benefit terminations with carriers
- Submit COBRA information to third party administrator for required notifications
- Prepares and creates ad hoc reports as needed or requested
- Provides accounting with requested documents for audit
- Work with internal team to recommend, develop and implement changes in payroll and benefit processes
- Ensures company compliance with payroll and benefit regulations and reporting