- Meet Recruiters & Agencies • Get in front of an employment agency/recruiter • They can represent you to hiring mangers and talk about your character while connecting the dots of your past experience with the job they are recruiting for.
- Don’t Hide It • List on your cover letter why you’ve been out of work
- Update or Maintain Your Licenses • Example: CPA’s, RN’s, LPN’s etc… • Keep up your licenses • Take evening classes and list them on your resume
- Get Connected or Stay Connected • Stay connected to other professionals through Social Media avenues such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter • Make sure that those you are connected with you know your background and specialty • You can write an article and share it • Find your industry specific article and share it with some informative comments etc.
- You only need one yes • Don’t focus on all of the no’s
Article written by Tulsa staffing expert, Cory Minter, with Trinity Employment Specialists 5 Action Steps You Can Take: Moms Getting Back Into the Workforce