The Medical Office Manager position is primarily responsible for preparing and distributing the monthly physician’s and advanced practitioner’s schedule; purchasing and inventory control; payment of vendor invoices, to include EOB deductible reimbursement and employee expense submission; employee benefits administration; provider credentialing, and non-executive payroll.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, hourly position. Typical work schedule, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The office administrator reports to the C.O.O. and Business Office Manager.
Physician Monthly Schedule – prepare, in advance, the eligible providers daily schedule. This involves strategic planning and data entry (Excel). This responsibility also includes (once schedule done) completing the following:
- Hospital & Outside Call Schedules
- MediCall Schedule
- Weekly – distribute the weekend call schedule
- Record by Physician for tracking purposes: Long Call, Short Call, Vacation days
Purchasing & Inventory Control – prepare all invoices for payment processing, attach packing slips and supporting documentation if applicable; give COO opportunity for review, prior to processing payment. This will include all vendor invoices, EOB deductible reimbursement, and employee expense submission. Solicit bids, if new equipment is needed. Develop and implement a system for tracking Inventory and capital items, such as computers, furniture, and equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree, business preferred, or equivalent
- Two to four years of previous experience in office administration or benefits
- Effective communication skills, oral and written.
- Effectively communicate with people in potentially stressful situations
- Experience in Word, Excel, South Western Payroll (or other PR system) and other applicable database programs helpful.
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of policies/procedures & benefits packages
- Bachelor’s degree: 2 years