Midtown Tulsa business seeking energetic, friendly and professional Dental Assistant. Assistant will be expected to support dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials; passing instruments and materials; performing procedures in compliance with the dental practice act. Assistant must maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations while performing the following duties:
- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
• Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patient while providing answers to questions and requests by the patient.
• Sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist’s access; suctioning; passing instruments. Additionally mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient’s mouth.
• Provides diagnostic information by exposing and developing radiographic studies; pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts.
• Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certification, emergency drug and oxygen supply, and emergency telephone directory.
• Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and postoperative instructions.
• Documents dental care services by charting in patient records, and keeping patient information confidential.
• Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
CDA is required. 1-2 years’ experience is preferred.
Compensation will vary based on background and level of experience