Under the direction of the VP/Controller, the Accounts Receivable/Cost Accounting Specialist is responsible for all service and contract billings and will serve as an expert resource for all billing related matters.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Act as primary liaison with clients for invoicing, collections and general billing support
- Prepare and maintain Accounts Receivable Aging and other related and ad hoc reports
- Support Sales and Operations teams on billing related matters
- Oversees Construction documentation including draw packages/pay applications, Contractor’s Sworn Statements, certificates of insurance and lien waivers
- Distributes pay applications for internal approvals and submits to client for disbursement
- Work with Accounts Payable to process project-related and Construction Team payables including verifying, coding subcontractor and vendor invoices
- High proficiency of accuracy of project job cost analysis
- Monthly Bank reconciliation
- Creates and issues vendor sub-contracts, distributes them to people involved
- Assumes additional duties/projects as assigned and/or required
- Thorough knowledge (familiarity) of the rules governing prevailing wage status in the state of Oklahoma
- Understand financial policies and reporting procedures, contract billing types and billing terms
- Set up and maintain contract details in job costing system
- Prepare and print invoices
- Track project budgets and related progress
- Coordinate billing activities with Operations Management
- Support project budget reconciliations
- Respond to customer inquiries related to invoices
- Participate in aging invoice reviews and account collection activities
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Meticulous organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Strong customer service focus and communication skills
- Associates degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
- Two to five years accounts receivable and/or cost accounting experience in construction/contracting environment with prevailing wage and multiple rates.
- Solid understanding of construction practices, state and federal labor laws.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision